RVs and travel trailers are the best way to get out into the great outdoors. It gives you a chance to travel to new locations while having all of the comforts of home. The only thing is that sometimes you might not have the time to spend a couple of days on the road to get there. This is why YouShip4Less offers RV and travel trailer shipping. There are some things to take into consideration when shipping your vehicle.
Get a Free, No Obligation Auto Shipping Quote!
How are RVs Transported?
There are basically three ways RVs are transported.
- Drive Away – drive away is just what it sounds like, someone will drive your RV to its destination. This is the cheapest option, but the downside is that the mileage of the vehicle will increase.
- Tow-Away – Depending on the size, it will be towed behind another vehicle. This is not an option for larger vehicles.
- Flatbed Service – This is where a flatbed trailer will be used and might be accompanied by other vehicles. This is the safest way to ship your RV.
Preparing Your RV for Shipping
If you want everything to go smoothly, you just need to keep a couple of things in mind before shipping your RV.
- Keep everything to a minimum. Only take what is necessary. You can always do your shopping when you arrive at your destination.
- Do a full inspection. Check the tires, fluids and everything to make sure the vehicle is roadworthy.
- Secure Everything. Make sure that all cabinets and windows are secured. This can prevent things from shifting and cause biger problems down the road.
Communication. Make everything clear about what you expect from them. The more clear you are with them, the fewer surprises there will be along the way.
Unplug everything and disconnect anything that might be a hazard if unattended. All appliances should be disconnected during transport. Yes, this also includes gas lines also. Make sure that everything is safe for travel. Don’t forget to lock all cabinets and windows.
YouShip4Less understands how important your cargo is and can get everything from A to B with no hassle to you. We work with the best carriers that can give you the best quotes while ensuring the safety of your vehicle. Our years of dedication to the transport industry will give you confidence in the safety of your vehicle. Being fully licensed, bonded, and insured, you can rest easy that all of your transport needs will be met. Call or contact us and let us show you what we can do for you.